Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Greenhouse Garden Mini's

Hi Everyone!

Hope everyone is enjoying the beautiful sunshine that arrived today!  Hopefully it sticks around and spring comes soon!  It is March now after all!  I am certainly enjoying the longer days and can't wait for spring and daylight savings to come back.  Today's cards use the Greenhouse Garden stamp set (wishful thinking that spring is on the way maybe?)  I love this set and I love making these little mini cards with any stamp set!  These mini's are 3x3 in size and super cute!  Best of all Stampin' Up! has mini envelopes that fit these cards perfectly!  For the colours of these mini's I used all 5of the current in colours!  You don't have to use the in colours together but I think they all work great together!  My favourite in colour right now though is definitely Concord Crush (the purple blue colour).  The other current in colours are Peach Parfait, Poppy Parade, Pear Pizzazz and Blushing Bride.

Here's how I made these mini's:
1.  Cut your base to 3"x6" and score at 3"
2.  Cut your next colour at 2 3/4"x2 3/4"
3.  Cut your whisper white or neutral cardstock to 2 1/2"x2 1/2"
4.  Stamp your image on your neutral cardstock.  For these I used the concord crush ink for the detail of the flowers and used the two colours of ink that match the cardstock for the background of the flowers.  Greenhouse Garden is only available in woodmount and is a two-step stamp set so you will definitely need your Stamp-a-ma-jig for this one (check back soon for instructions on how to use your Stamp-a-ma-jig and two-step stamps)!
5.  Stamp your greeting.  For these cards I used A NOTE OF THANKS from the Thank you Kindly set in concord crush ink.
6.  Adhere your pieces and you are done!

Hope you enjoyed today's card! 
Lisa

1 comment:

  1. These little cards are my absolutely favorite! I love the Greenhouse Garden stamp set!!

    ReplyDelete